Magento 2 is a popular CMS platform that is used to build e-commerce websites. One of the key features of Magento 2 is its ability to support product selection. In Magento 2, you can configure product selection to meet the needs of your online store. Product selection is the process of defining the options that a user can choose from when they are purchasing a product. In this article, we will look at how to configure product selection in Magento 2.
Configuring Product Selection
Below are the steps to configure product selection in Magento 2:
Step 1: Log in to the Admin Panel
The first step is to log in to the Magento 2 admin panel.
Step 2: Navigate to the Product Page
Once you are logged in to the admin panel, navigate to the product page by clicking on Catalog > Products.
Step 3: Select the Product
Choose the product that you want to configure the product selection for and click on the Edit button.
Step 4: Choose the Product Selection Type
After you have selected the product, click on the Advanced Settings tab. This will open up the product configuration screen. From here you can choose the type of product selection that you want to use.
- Dropdown: This product selection type provides the user with a list of options that they can choose from.
- Radio buttons: This product selection type allows the user to choose only one option from a list of predetermined options.
- Checkbox: This product selection type allows the user to select one or more options from the list of predetermined options.
Step 5: Add Product Options
After you have chosen the product selection type, you can now add the product options. These are the specific options that the user can choose from when purchasing the product. To add an option, click on the Add Option button.
Step 6: Configure Product Options
After adding the product options, you can now configure them to meet the needs of your online store. The settings that you can configure include:
- Option Title: This is the name of the option that will be displayed to the user.
- Option Price: This is the cost of the option.
- SKU: This is the Stock Keeping Unit or the unique identifier for the option.
- Sort Order: This is the order in which the options will be displayed to the user.
- Default Value: This is the default option that will be selected if the user does not make a selection.
Step 7: Save the Product Configuration
After you have configured the product selection, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Configuring product selection is an important step in creating an online store using Magento 2. With the steps outlined in this article, you can configure product selection in Magento 2 to meet the needs of your online store. Ensure that you provide clear and concise product options to ensure that the user has a seamless purchasing experience.