Are you looking to add product reviews and ratings to your PrestaShop store? You’ve come to the right place! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps needed to add product reviews and ratings to your store.
Table of Contents
Why are reviews and ratings important?
Product reviews and ratings are critically important for any eCommerce store. They help potential customers make an informed purchasing decision, provide valuable feedback to store owners, and can ultimately increase conversions and sales.
Before we dive in, you’ll need to make sure you have a few things set up:
- A PrestaShop store (obviously)
- The ability to install and activate modules (check with your hosting provider if you’re unsure)
- The ability to use FTP (if you’re not comfortable with this, you may need to ask your hosting provider or developer for help)
- A PrestaShop module for product reviews and ratings (we recommend either Product Comments by PrestaShop or Product Reviews Advanced)
Installing the module
Once you have your module of choice, you’ll need to install it in your PrestaShop store. This can typically be done through the PrestaShop back office, under the “Modules” tab.
- Log in to your PrestaShop back office
- Navigate to “Modules” and click “Add new module”
- Follow the prompts to upload and install your module
- You should now see your module listed under “Modules” in the back office
Configuring the module
Now that your module is installed, you’ll need to configure it to work the way you want. This will vary depending on the module you chose, but typically there are a few key settings you’ll want to adjust.
Enabling reviews and ratings
The first thing you’ll need to do is enable reviews and ratings for your products.
- In your PrestaShop back office, navigate to the module settings for your product reviews and ratings module
- Find the setting to enable/disable reviews and ratings, and make sure it’s set to “Enabled”
You may also want to decide whether reviews need to be approved before they’re shown on your product pages. This can help prevent spam and ensure that only legitimate reviews are displayed.
- Look for a setting that controls the approval process
- Decide whether you want to require approval for all reviews, or only for reviews that meet certain criteria (e.g. low ratings, flagged by other users, etc.)
Finally, you’ll want to make sure your reviews and ratings are displayed in a way that makes sense for your store.
- Look for a setting that controls how reviews are displayed on your product pages
- Choose from options like where the review form is displayed, the number of reviews shown, the maximum rating value, and more
That’s it! You should now have reviews and ratings set up for your PrestaShop store. Be sure to encourage your customers to leave reviews and ratings, and monitor them closely to ensure they’re accurate and helpful for potential customers. Good luck!